17th International Piano Competition 2019
The Chopin-Gesellschaft Hannover promotes talented pianists at the beginning of their careers and organises an International Piano Competition biannually. You are warmly invited to apply. The finalists chosen by the professional jury are invited to the audition on March 23rd, 2019 to Hanover. One piece of music composed by Chopin is mandatory. Be part of it!
Application requirements are:
The International Piano Competition 2019 of the Chopin-Gesellschaft Hannover has been established to encourage and offer performance opportunities for young talented pianists. Eligible are all pianists who were born from 1991 through 2001. Please send in the following:
- Correctly completed application form and a photo
- A copy of your passport or ID
- A letter of recommendation from your music professor
- A 30 minute sound recording on DVD. The program must include one etude by Chopin, one etude by another composer, and one or two other pieces of music of your own choice.
All materials, posmarked no later than November 15th, 2018, must be sumitted to:
Chopin-Gesellschaft Hannover e.V.
Kirchröder Str. 42
A preliminary evaluation based on the recordings will determine who may take part in the competition. The results of the preliminary selection will be sent by mail to all applicants by March 1st, 2019.
The finals will be held on March 23rd, 2019 at 4 p.m. in the presence of the jury and an audience in the Richard Jacoby Auditorium of the Music Academy (HMTMH).
- 1st prize: € 300,- monthly for two years
- 2nd prize: € 200,- monthly for two years
- 3rd prize: € 100,- monthly for two years
- audience’s prize: € 1.000,-
The five finalists will receive a travel expenses subsidy of € 250,-. The first prize winner will be invited to Hanover for a recital organised by the Chopin-Gesellschaft Hannover.
Selected finalists will have the opportunity to participate in the masterclass, organized by the Hochschule für Musik, Theater und Medien Hannover in the following days after the competition. The masterclass will be lead by Prof. Piotr Paleczny from Poland.