The Chopin Society of Hanover promotes talented pianists at the beginning of their careers and organises an International Piano Competition biannually. You are warmly invited to apply. The finalists chosen by the professional jury are invited to the audition on February 25th, 2023 to Hanover. Be part of it!
Terms of participation
The 18th International Piano Competition 2023 of the Chopin-Gesellschaft Hannover has been established to encourage and offer performance opportunities for young talented pianists. All pianists who were born from 1994 through 2005 are eligible.
- Correctly completed application form and a photo
- A copy of your passport or ID
- A letter of recommendation from your music professor
- A 30 minute sound recording on DVD. The program should include one Etude by Chopin, one Mazurka by Chopin, one Etude by another composer, and one or two other works of your own choice. 6 copies of the DVD must be submitted for the judges.
- The registration fee is 70 Euros.
All materials, postmarked no later than November 15th, 2022, must be submitted to:
Chopin-Gesellschaft Hannover e. V.
Kirchröder Str. 42
A preliminary evaluation based on the recordings will determine who may take part in the competition. The results of the preliminary selection will be sent to all applicants by mid-January 2023.
The finalists will perform in person on February 25th 2023 infront of the jury, in the Richard-Jakobi-Saal of the Hochschule für Musik Theater und Medien Hannover (HMTMH) at 3 p.m.
- 1st prize: € 9,000.–
- 2nd prize: € 7,000.–
- 3rd prize: € 5,000.–
- Audience’s prize: € 1,000.–
The finalists will receive a travel expenses subsidy of € 250.–.
The first prize winner will be invited to Hanover for a recital organised by the Chopin-Gesellschaft Hannover.
The finalists will be invited to take part in the master class which will take place in Hanover at the HMTMH following the competition. The master class will be given by Prof. Ewa Poblocka.